So...21 years ago today I was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. My super awesome family came to support my decision. At the time, I just expected their support. I assumed every family supported each other the way that my family supported each other. Aaaaannnnndd then I grew up (more) and realized that wasn't the case. And too bad too, because being loved and supported is a pretty dang awesome feeling.
I wasn't planning on posting today, and let's be honest, I never really plan to post. It is just that my life is so exciting, I have to share! But, I digress (again). My little buddy is going to be baptized on Saturday and dang it if I am not a wreck over it. I bought him a book about white shirts (shhh!) and I bawled like the boob I am right there in the store.
I still remember finding out he was going to be a boy and crying all the way home that in 19 years(!) he was going to go on a mission! Yep, that's me...so sappy. And I just don't care.
Nate is great and he's almost 8. Here are some reasons why he is awesome:
1. He wanted to wear a tie to his 2nd grade program. So he did.
2. He kisses me at school.
3. He makes check lists just like me.
4. He is a tender heart.
5. His laugh. Oh my! His laugh.
6. He thinks I am out of Justin Bieber's league. Lolz.
7. He has a super memory. Just like me. "Remember the time I wore feety pajamas and I woke up crying because I was too hot?" Yes. I remember.
8. He is my favorite son.
I won't complain that time goes by too fast. What is the point in that? There is just time and we make it go fast or slow by our choices. So, for me, I am going to make the next 8 years go by so slow.
I wasn't planning on posting today, and let's be honest, I never really plan to post. It is just that my life is so exciting, I have to share! But, I digress (again). My little buddy is going to be baptized on Saturday and dang it if I am not a wreck over it. I bought him a book about white shirts (shhh!) and I bawled like the boob I am right there in the store.
I still remember finding out he was going to be a boy and crying all the way home that in 19 years(!) he was going to go on a mission! Yep, that's me...so sappy. And I just don't care.
Nate is great and he's almost 8. Here are some reasons why he is awesome:
1. He wanted to wear a tie to his 2nd grade program. So he did.
2. He kisses me at school.
3. He makes check lists just like me.
4. He is a tender heart.
5. His laugh. Oh my! His laugh.
6. He thinks I am out of Justin Bieber's league. Lolz.
7. He has a super memory. Just like me. "Remember the time I wore feety pajamas and I woke up crying because I was too hot?" Yes. I remember.
8. He is my favorite son.
I won't complain that time goes by too fast. What is the point in that? There is just time and we make it go fast or slow by our choices. So, for me, I am going to make the next 8 years go by so slow.




3 comments:
If there was a "like" button on your blog I would hit it. Congrats!
Loved your post. Trust me, in eleven years is when the tears will really flow. I just had to open the fridge, and see leftovers, to set me off. Miss you guys alot.
(This is Amy.) I remember that day! Can't believe it was 21 years ago. You are a forever friend, and a forever example. Miss you!
Tell your handsome boy congratulations on his baptism too!
Post a Comment