Thursday, August 16, 2007

You asked for it....

So, many have bowed to my laundry skillz. I must admit they are legendary. Many have been begging, pleading, and crying for these tips in writing. I must assist when I see a need.
Enjoy:
*I employ Zout (in spray form or squirt bottle) and Oxyclean (spray). I have to warn you that the sprays tend to well, spray. So, use them over a towel or other dirty clothes you don't mind getting the stuff on. (Yes, I ended this sentence in a preposition....but I blog like I talk (not gud), so deal.) You don't have to use both at the same time. I pick one and if it doesn't work, I'll wash the garment again, using the other stuff.
*Spraying said goop on stains works better on a fresh stain...obviously. But, I am very successful with old stain removal. Keep an old toothbrush by the washing machine (I guess you could use your current toothbrush, but don't come breathe by me). I like to gently scrub the goop into the stain in a circular motion. Of course, you can scrub in the goop in any motion you prefer: back and forth, up and down, or side to side. Have some fun with laundry! Enjoy stain removal!
*Once your item has been laundered, I suggest air drying said item to verify the stain has been eradicated before you put it in the dryer. If you have have set a stain in the dryer: Do not lose hope! It can come out. You can be successful.
*I like to use a bleach alternative in the wash. I enjoy Biz and Oxyclean. I like to mix it up and get crazy. I alternate the products for no good reason. Its near anarchy in the laundry room. You never know what I might do.
*Really, I just hate the smell of dirty clothes. I get a kick out of freshly laundered clothes and don't even get me started on how awesome it is to have folded clothes in that laundry basket. It does not take much to make me happy.
*I have heard many nice things about Tide stick and the bleach pen. I don't really use either. The bleach pen has been workable for me...but I prefer bleaching the heck out of the whites anyway. Who doesn't love the brain-cell killing scent of bleach?
*Should I mention sorting the laundry? I mean, if you really need to know about that...this really isn't the place for you. I can only do so much hand-holding here.

Anyway, laundry is one of my gifts. What can I say? I'm a giver...I like to share. I also like to use ellipses.

No comments: