Friday, June 20, 2008

Dairy Days!! We took the kids and met up with some friends for the parade that never ends. Well, it did end finally, but it was so worth it. They threw candy at the kids and then cheese and chocolate milk, some popsicles and even ice cream cups. We all got free t-shirts, too! I could get them to throw almost anything at me if I would get my huge pregnant self out of the chair. Excuse Riley's lady-like pose...but she does have skorts on if that helps. Nathan kept holding out his hat for the candy. And if he didn't like it, he would just throw it back for other kids to get. He's a giver like that. We tried to take the kids to the "carnival" part of Dairy Days, but the rides were all teenagerish, so (luckily) we managed to save our money and tell them we would get shakes on the way home.
So, 2 other things. Today, Nathan and I were sitting on the couch together and I was sort of sitting on the remote. "Here, mom, let me get the remote so you don't squish it with your big bottom."
"Hey!"
"Sorry, mom". And not "Sorry mom, your bottom isn't big". Sorry as in, "your bottom is big".
Nate's a self-esteem builder.
And...just to let you know how insane I really am. I thought I might be going into labor last night. So, I thought about the fact that someone would have to come sit with the kids and that we are also having company on Saturday. Well, the kitchen was a mess and laundry needed to be done and the downstairs bathroom needed help in a major way. So, I did what any self-respecting pregnant lady would do while waiting to see if she was actually going to have the baby soon. I got up at 3 and cleaned the kitchen, did the laundry and cleaned the bathroom. I also looked up labor signs on the internet and by 5, I was tired enough to go back to bed. When I came in, Craig woke up and asked me what I was doing. I told him. "You're a kook". I know.
But, the baby didn't come and my downstairs looked decent enough to have someone come sit with the kids.

No comments: