Nathan and I had a date today. We rolled out to a horrible bazaar to meet Santa. Santa was standing out on the sidewalk to try to drive traffic into the clubhouse. He was skinny and in a horrible costume. That should have been my first clue to run the other way. We persevered and went in anyway. I looked around in abject horror as I realized I was the ONLY CUSTOMER. Good gosh. Now I have to look around approvingly at all their stuff as each one runs over and tries to hawk their wares. HELP! And no one else is driving up. HELP! And the lady runs up, "Did he meet Santa and get a candy cane?"
Um, no. Because Santa is down the street and it is freezing outside. I am panicking...what to do? How do I leave? HELP! If I just walk out, I have effectively told them, "All your stuff is lame and I couldn't find even one thing to buy!" Yes, that is what I am telling them if I, their only customer walks out...so I do the only thing I can do. I faked a phone call. Oh yes I did. And don't judge me.
I'll set the scene.
There I stand...looking longingly at the foam cards for 25 cents. Grab phone from pocket (it was on vibrate). Hello? No, I'm here at the bazaar. Where are you?
And I walk out. It was genius and I had no guilt. I will have to use this ruse more often.
We hopped in our van and drove away. Oh, the freedom!
After the bazaar (boo) we headed to see Bolt (yay). We washed the van and vacuumed it. Then we went to look for Sunday shoes for him. No luck. Then to Red Robin. While we were waiting for our food and coloring on his place mat, I looked over at him and said:
"I sure am glad we could have this time together". And I am rubbing feet with him under the table.
"Me, too mom. And I'm glad our feet could spend time together, too."
Thanks for bringing your feet Nathan.
La Salvation
4 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment