Thursday, February 26, 2009

Do you have any dumb magazines?

So. I loathe the gym. I really do. But it is too cold to walk or run outside. Thus, I go to the gym and run on the treadmill like a hamster. I have to have a magazine covering the time thingy, or I drive myself insane checking the time to see if I am done. I have read all the magazines that I care to read at the gym. Most seem like TigerBeat for President Obama. Gah! I even read Rolling Stone with the President's picture on it and it was pure drivel. Hope! And Change! And more hope!! And did you know, he's BLACK? And all the stars were at the inauguration and everyone hates George Bush and now the world is full of rainbows. Good gosh get over it already.

I digress. I was heading to the gym and looking for a magazine. I had already taken the Ensign, but the music at the gym kind of wrecks the feeling of that magazine for me. I headed over to the Jackson's gas station and ran inside.
"Do you have any dumb magazines?"
Blank stare. Then, "Um, what do you mean?"
"Like, something cheesy, US or People..."
"No, we don't have any magazines".
"Oh. Okay. Thanks anyway."
"Um, ma'am, if any Jackson's has magazines, they would be the inappropriate kind."
Oh.


***No, BRENDA! I did not get any magazines!!!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

So...did you get a magazine at Jackson's anyway?