There is a knob on our antique piano. It matches the knob on the other side and you would use these knobs to close the lid over the piano keys. One knob comes off easily and of course, that means Lauren has to take it off at every opportunity. Well, the other day it was off and I was hot. I asked for help finding it. Had anyone seen it? Did they know where it might be? Nothing. No help looking. If they did muster enough energy to look, they just followed me around looking where I already looked.
So, I did it. I offered $5 to whomever found it. Silly me. Mere seconds later Nathan comes running down the stairs. "I found it!!!" Sure you did. And I paid him.
Fast forward to today. Riley comes in the office, "Mom, the knob is missing off the piano again!"
(Really, you don't say?)
I knew instantly that they were trying to play me. Foolish offspring. So, I replied, "Really? Well, I am not offering any more money for it. It better reappear right now or everyone is grounded. Okay?"
Off she runs. "Mom! I found it!!!" (You don't say?)
I have really done it this time. I told you before, I am not smart...but I do have both my knobs.
La Salvation
4 years ago




5 comments:
Okay, that one made both Trevor and I laugh out loud.
Oh man, that sounds like something Craig woulda done as a kid. Dang funny!
Thanks for the laugh today.
I used to pay my kids to find things. It was usually my keys!
That is funny. Maybe your kids are saving to buy something really special for you.
Oh Carrie--you ARE a smart mommy. You make me laugh. I need to come visit you and steal your knob. Maybe your kids can show me the best hiding places.
Post a Comment