So, we all know people say weird things. To me, I think people say way more than my fair share of weird things. For example:
I saw a trainer at the gym yesterday who was looking at my file. I have lost over 60 pounds in a year. That is not that big of a deal....that is one whole year people. He looks at my file and looks at me and says, "Did you get gastric bypass surgery?" What the what? Let's break this down.
1. None. of. your. beeswax.
2. If I am going to drop that kind of coin, I am going to spruce up the outside of me before I go shredding up the insides.
I have been a "fat girl" my whole life. By this I mean that even when I wasn't fat, I thought I was. I have a poor body image (boo hoo). I've never, ever been tempted to wear a bikini. Modesty in dress is not a problem. But seriously, if he wasn't cut and buff, I would have taken him down.
Next stop on the tour of bizarre: a woman told me last night (2nd conversation) about her break-in and sexual assault. What do you say to that? She did say, "I can't believe I just told you that!". (me neither!!!) So, I tried to say comforting words and when I left I told her to "Be Strong!". (that was lame). I had been sitting in my car waiting for my kids when I decided to go in. Was I lead to her? People tell me the most private things. Really. Things that make me want to put my fingers in my ears and go "lalallalalalalalala". Craig says I have a way that makes people want to tell me things. (Like a CIA interrogator?). Is this a spiritual gift? What do I do with it? I have thought of sending her a card saying I am thinking of her and wishing her well....is that even weirder than her confiding in me in the first place?
Now you tell me: do I or do I not get more than my fair share of bizarre comments?
La Salvation
4 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment