I was driving my angels around today and LG was being particularly sassy. I was explaining to her the she would need to finish her jobs and be nice to earn her treats from the Lollipop Stop (please please please don't judge!!). This is her reply:
LG: Well, Satan makes me do bad things with his sneaky machine always trying to get me to choose wrong.
Me: Then you just tell Satan that you will not follow him and to quit bugging you.
LG: I will pray to him and tell him to stop.
Me: We don't pray to Satan.
LG: (whispering and praying) "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. Please make Satan stop bugging me with his stinky old machine always trying to get me to do bad stuff".
What do I say to that? Have I not instructed this child in all things gospel? Apparently not. She draws pictures of Satan's mom. Tells me I make all her choices, but if you've seen how she dresses you will know that is not true. I think I know a little about what my other kids are teaching me, but she is still a mystery. A happy, nutty, crazy, sassy, genius mystery.




1 comment:
Carrie--Your posts ALWAYS make me laugh!
Post a Comment