Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sisters!

So, no pics with this one either. I wanted to post a bit about my dad's surgery and all that went on around it. We drove all night to Cali to get there on Saturday afternoon. We hung around with my dad and on Sunday we went to his house and tried to make it comfortable for the visitors that would come after his surgery.
His surgery was on Tuesday and everything went well. A quadruple bypass. Completely routine. We do this all the time. Wow. They were very nonchalant about the whole thing, but to me, heart surgery is a big deal. Anyway, besides my family, my sisters came through like the rocks they have always been.
I am an only child. No siblings. Most of the time, I think this is a fine arrangement. But there are times when it would be nice to have other people to share the load with. Lucky for me, Heavenly Father blessed me with the most amazing friends. I really love these women. To see their names show up on my cell at the hospital was like a bit of sunshine in a gloomy place. The offer of help, prayers and genuine concern for my dad and our family was awesome. I took some of their pictures a while back, but I think they would kill me if I posted them. So ladies, no pics...but tons of love your way for the great examples you are to me and for the wonderful people you are!
Did I get too sappy? Sorry. Moving away was hard, but our ties are just as strong and I love that about us!

2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

We miss you!!! Now I feel reeeaaallyy bad because I have two meals in my freezer that were meant for your dad. I never made it to Upland!! I hope he's doing well!! All the previous posts are great! I love the Baptism and Little Bascos photos!

Miss Heather said...

We miss you!!! Now I feel reeeaaallyy bad because I have two meals in my freezer that were meant for your dad. I never made it to Upland!! I hope he's doing well!! All the previous posts are great! I love the Baptism and Little Bascos photos!