

It was my birthday on Sunday. I have to say it was a hard one. Not because of the number, but because it was my first birthday without my dad. I just remember the surprise 21st birthday party he had for me and all the fun things we did together. Anyway, my mom and Jim came up and she gifted me with these vintage dish towels she found in the bowels of my dad's (formerly grandparent's) garage. She cleaned them and finished off the edges. They are hand embroidered and lovely! She also gave me a pig that my dad made in wood shop that my grandparents had hanging in their kitchen since he was in high school. It is a little key rack and I think it is precious! Add to that an ice cream cake and a dinner cooked by Craig and you can see my birthday rocked.
She is going to sew some sweet curtains for my kitchen and then I need a way to display these and we're all set.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday!!! Love the dish towels. I remember making similar ones many years ago--Guess that makes me vintage too.
I really think we are the same person. I have embroidered dish towels that my grandmother made and I cherish them so much. Yes, so much that they are in a box under my bed. I think I'll go get them out to admire them again. Happy Birthday!
Sounds like a perfect birthday.
Post a Comment