Tonight I ordered something off the television and I was reminded once again, why I detest ordering that way. Riley has been watching the Shirley Temple dvd commercial and longingly telling me how fantastic it would be if we bought them. I have nothing against Shirley, I just don't want to spend that kind of money. So, tonight she devised a new plan. She comes in with her notebook. It has all the pertinent information for me. Phone number, cost, shipping and handling...you get the idea. And best of all she had her purse...so she could pay for it. So, I call the number and order the dvds. As a preferred customer, did I know I could get 1 million additional dvds at a reduced price and they'll ship automatically? No, I did not know that. And no, I'm not interested. I explained my daughter was ordering this and paying for it herself. Well, Mrs. Randall, did you also know you can take advantage of this special program for reduced prices on medications and health care? Well, no I did not. And I am most surprised at all the services you can get just for ordering some Shirley Temple dvds.
Oh, Mrs. Randall...regular shipping is 3-4 weeks...but for only $6.95 MORE, we can ship them in 3-4 days. NO THANK YOU! Just the dvds please. Nothing else. Really. I'm sure. No, I'm fine with the 3. Really.
Good heavens...my blood pressure was sky-high at the end of the call. All I can say is that these better be the best 3 dvds I've ever seen in my whole life.
But, I know that is impossible because Riley bought herself the Barbie Mermaidia dvd at Target with her own money. I tried to tell her we already had that dvd, but I was wrong. "Mom, we have Barbie Fairytopia and Barbie Swan Lake and Barbie Princess and the Pauper and Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses"! My mistake.
La Salvation
4 years ago




1 comment:
So, it sounds like, now that I have a daughter, barbie dvd's are in my future. Yikes!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have an awesome day!
Post a Comment