Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Perspective

I won't even lie. I read this on a blog today. And it changed my life.

Hope is the anticipation that when things work out, they will be good.

Worry is the anticipation that when things work out, they will be bad.

Faith is the anticipation that things will work out and no matter the outcome, it will be for our good.

I am a worrier. Well, let's just say I plan for the worst. And the worst hardly ever actually happens, so when the medium-bad thing happens...I am prepared.

Years ago, I planned what I would do when my dad died. I never, ever thought I would have to put my plan into action sooner rather than later, but my friends, my plan fell pretty much into place. Don't get me wrong: there have been bumps in the road since August 9th. But, they were totally doable. And I think it helped to go into auto pilot.

Do not let your hearts fail you. Be of good cheer. Things always work out in the end. If they haven't worked out, then IT IS NOT THE END.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Amen.

Cosmo said...

And that, my friends, is why I love--and am married eternally to--this beautiful woman.

Perspective.

Miss Heather said...

So true, my thoughtful, wise friend!

Amy Strong said...

Love it! And Cosmo--you're a lucky man.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like the way that was put. thanks for sharing!