Monday, October 06, 2008

Tagged...again. But by One of my Favorite People!!!

6 Quirks About Me. Honestly, people...this could be a book. I will try to contain it.

1. Feet. When people wear sandals, I always check out their feet. Heel cracks, chipped polish...and their nails. People. Please. I can't even type the 2 words together. The nails on your feet. Look at them. Do something about them. I almost didn't marry Craig because I hadn't seen his feet. It could have been a deal breaker. And don't wear sandals that are too small.

2. Hair. If I can smell your hair, we probably can't be friends. So sad, I know.

3. I hate to fly. Actually, I loathe flying. It used to just be about the "free-falling-out-of-the-sky-and-dying" thing. Now, I hate the prices, the tiny seats, the shuffling along in my stocking feet through security, the restrictions on carry-on items (travel with children and you'll feel my pain), the get-to-the-airport-9-hours-early, the no snack serving, and the no direct flight from Ontario to Boise. Oh, and I also still hate falling out of the sky and dying.

4. I remember things I shouldn't. Want me to prove it? I remember Amy dropped my bike in the rose bushes and ripped the seat. The shirt Craig wore on our first date in January of 1996. The outfit I wore that night. What you said when we got in a fight in 1984. What you wore that day. The gross waiter in San Francisco in 1991. The cereal the Whites had at their house in 1988. The name of the Allred's dog. Jennifer's stuffed toy was an elephant named Boey. Stacy ordered a burrito a la carte at El Cholo. Michele had pink high top converse. Cindy ignored me in the hallway. All important stuff. Ridiculous. And I am a good forgiver...not so much on the forgetting though. I'm just saying you shouldn't make me mad. I will forgive you...but I cannot forget. It really is a pain sometimes.

5. I order the same dish when we eat out. Well, I mean I order the same thing at Olive Garden...every time. No menu needed. Same thing at Red Robin. At Bravo Burger. At Pizzaioli. At Healthy Wok. I don't want to waste my money if I'm not going to like the food. So, I always go with the tried and tested.

6. Diet Coke. Light Ice. And if the restaurant only has Pepsi, forget it. Just water. Del Taco and Carl's Jr. are the best for consistently having the right mix of syrup to carbonation. McDonald's is hit and miss. Sonic usually puts too much ice, but it is good ice, so whatevs. Jack in the Box...not too bad usually, they just aren't close.


Thanks Andrea!!
I tag whomever wants to do it. I'm copying Brenda.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

That was fun, but now I'm checking out my feet, and as soon as I send this, I'm going to have Stan smell my hair.

You're the best--I LOVE your blog!!!

Casey said...

HI! I have to say, I think I have the one of those same quircks. I remember so many random things also. I remember getting stung by a bee at your house once when we were swimming in your back yard (I think you had an above ground pool, right?) It got stuck in my hair. But not only do I remember that happening, I remember what bathing suit I was wearing. Scary! I always remember what I was wearing at different occasions. Sad. I think I need to get a life.

Brenda said...

Great post. I'm a little bitter now because I'm suddenly self conscious about the smell of my scalp and my desperate need of a pedi.

Laura said...

My question is do you remember the people that have the nasty feet?

basquegirl said...

Casey! Yes, I remember when the bee stung you at my house. I was bitter, too because you never really played at my house and here you are swimming and the dumb bee stung you...and Keele was there, too.

Laura, depends. I probably do not remember the feet because it is so traumatic, I try to block it out.

Miss Heather said...

I'm guessin' my hair doesn't smell cuz you're still my friend!! The hair thing is one new thing I learned about you on this post! Although I do know that any uncleanliness in anyway shape or form totally grosses you out sooooo, no surprise there! Love your crazy quirks, that's whats makes you, you!!
Miss ya!

Amy Strong said...

I think you'd win anybody at a remembering contest. You could probably write my personal history growing up better than I could. Thanks for the pleasant reminder about your bike and the rose bush. Yes, I remember. Thanks also for not getting your revenge out on my bright pink Huffy. Remember that one? Oh, the memories...