Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Tonight we took the kids out to dinner. Craig and I had lunch together today and you already know where we went. We went to Striker's, of course. There wasn't any room at the counter for us! But, we tried new things and loved them just as much.
Anyway, most of you probably don't know that Nathan is planning on marrying me when he grows up. He is adamant about this and I do not do anything to discourage him because it is so dang cute. We were driving tonight to dinner and he wanted to eat at Papa John's. We steadfastly refuse to eat there and have even come up with a clever name for it. So, Riley told Nathan he could eat there when he's the dad. Nathan's response was: "Well, I don't even know where that place is".
Riley: "Well, your wife can look it up in the phone book".
Nathan: "Mom, will you look it up in the foam book?"
See? He just casually assumes I will be the wife doing the looking up. We finally arrive at dinner and as he is eating his pizza, I asked him where we would be getting married. Nathan replied in his don't-you-already-know-this? voice, "In the temple!"
So, even though Nathan has it wrong about
who he is marrying, at least he would marry me in the right place! That counts for something, right?

1 comment:

Joneel said...

So cute Carrie, You may as well let the love thing go as long as you can. I told Tyler that his daughter was going to think she was going to marry him. He didn't believe me. HA