I went to Sonic the other day (okay, when do I not go to Sonic?) and ordered my giant 44 oz. Diet Coke. I brought it upstairs with me and set it at the back of the bathroom counter. I was upstairs cleaning with the kids and knew I would need some refreshment. I purposely put it out of reach since LG loves to get my "CokeCoke". As in, with a sing-song voice, "I get you cokecoke mom".
About 30 minutes go by and we are just having a ball in Riley's room...vacuuming under the bed and throwing away jillions of Halloween candy wrappers. I head into my bathroom because I am parched and there it sits, on its side...my Sonic cup. And 44 ounces of deliciousness is spilling all over the counter, down the drawer fronts, and into my carpet!!! My feelings? Sadness at the loss of my drink and righteous anger at the little thief who tried to get the cokecoke, spilled it and ran away like the sassy pants she is. We commenced the clean up. Open all the drawers...take out all contents. In the middle drawer all my fancy (not) make-up is in a shoe box for organizing-sake. Well, 20 minutes in Diet Coke will ruin the best of boxes, so I had to remove the box and wipe down everything. And it had seeped into the particle board that the dang drawers are made of. And into my sponge rollers. And into the carpet and the little bathroom carpets on top of the regular carpet *(and who puts carpet in a bathroom anyway? When I make my first million, we are getting tile people!!!). I salvaged the day by sending Craig on a super important mission to Sonic before the end of Happy Hour. And we continued cleaning.
Well, today I was cleaning the bathroom for reals...and happened to open the cupboard doors far away from the spill. And of course, there was a grip of soda all dried on the bottom of the cabinet. So, I had to clean that mess, too. Is Diet Coke really worth all of this? OF COURSE!!
Now I need a really good place to keep my cokecoke away from LG. Any suggestions?
La Salvation
4 years ago




3 comments:
oh, that is a traumatic story! i put things i don't want my cats to get into on top of the fridge...it is the only place in the house they can't reach (knock on wood, 'cause if they figure it out, i got nothin')
Aaron just read your post and his suggestion is one of those helmets that you see people use for drinking beer. You could have 2 liter bottles mounted to each side with a big straw going to your mouth. She would have to put you in a head lock to get your cokecoke then. We would be happy to look into it for you.
At least it was diet. Can you imagine how much worse that mess would have been if it had been regular coke? Sticky everywhere! I hate sticky!
Post a Comment