
Let me explain this picture. Craig bought me a Happy Meal and this terrible doll came in the box. She has a totally
hoochie skirt and bra top. We don't let the kids play with toys that so obviously go against what we're teaching them about their bodies...so we threw it away in the wrapper.
Someone dug it out of the trash. I see this kooky little doll and she's wrapped toilet paper around the waist to make it modest. I asked her about it and she told me that she didn't want to play with it unless it was modest, so she was solving her own problem. This makes me laugh. She also would
LOVE a
Bratz doll of some sort, but again, the
hoochie-
ness of them. She
scours the toy aisle at Target. "Look Mom! This one is modest!!! You can't even see her stomach!!" (Huzzah!) You know that cheesy song, "Bratz girls really rock" blah blah blah... I make it say something entirely different. They don't rock. They do something else. But I digress. Why why why do they make those dolls so danged u-g-l-y? The clothes, the make-up and the giant heads!
What I am hoping for here is that when she becomes a teenager and tries to dress all ugly and immodest, I will tell her she looks like a Bratz doll and she will bend her will to mine!!
3 comments:
Let me know how the will bended goes.
I can pretty much guarantee I am going to lose...but at least I tried!
I LOVE the toilet paper addition to the outfit. Creativity solves a lot of problems. I predict she'll grow up to be like the girl who taped paper to the bottom of her skirt hemline to get into a church dance. No--she won't own skirts that short:-)
Post a Comment