Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Riley had her Challenge Open House today. She chose Ecuador as her country of study. They pretended they were exchange students and researched the country and then sent postcards, letter and pictures from their time away. Apparently, I went on the trip, too. As we were walking around, Craig said to me, "I wish she would have been admitted earlier, then she could have done Spain for her project". I crushed his dreams by telling him that she had chosen Ecuador and could have chosen Spain, but specifically did not pick the second best country on earth. In another room they had the families bring foods from their host countries. Riley was supposed to try 5 new things. Here's what she chose: cream puffs (France), egg roll cookies (China), chocolate cookies (France), potatoes (who knows) and fried rice (she says Indonesia, but I think it was India and the rice was not fried). Some of the food was so sick looking. Chalk it up to pregnancy...but even Craig was geeked out by some of the offerings. I did try Thai meatballs in chili sauce. That was a brave thing to do since I have only been to a Thai restaurant once, and I ordered Chinese food. Riley was able to take her projects back to school and show her class. You go, Riley!!!

No comments: