Wednesday, May 07, 2008

***Warning: non-discreet photo posted at the end of this post. If you continue reading, you have no one but yourself to blame if you are grossed out!

My son redeemed himself today. If you read this blog, or know me at all, you know that Nathan has "issues" with certain bodily functions. Here's how today went:
We came home from getting Riley from school...we watched a movie that needed to go back tonight. I told the kids we needed to pick up the toys from downstairs since daddy had a high priest's meeting here tonight. So, all the little people headed upstairs with mommy following close behind.
Riley: Mom! Nathan touched Lauren's poop!!
Me: What!? Where?!
Riley: Here in my room.
I go in Riley's room and Lauren has her diaper on, so I don't know what's going on.
Me: Nathan! What did you do?
Nate: I picked up Lauren's poop.
Me: From where?
Nate: Here on the floor.
Me: What did you pick it up with?
Nate: My hand. (Please imagine him here with a look of "What's the big deal?"
Me: Where is it now?
Nate: In the trashcan.
I go into the bathroom and there it is...just sitting there on top of the trashcan.
Me: Let's wash your hands. (Or burn them or bleach them!)
We wash him up and head back into Riley's room.
Me: Okay, where was it?
Nate: I don't know. Somewhere over here.
(So, at this point I am glad it was able to picked up and disgusted that we can no longer locate the original resting place.)
Me: Nathan, I appreciate you cleaning that up for mommy. That is yucky for me right now.
Nathan: Will you take my picture with it for the blog?
Me: Um, sure. Then we can show daddy.

As you can see, he is happy about it. My friend Tami said she is never shaking hands with Nathan. Craig says people in Calcutta shouldn't shake hands with Nate. Here's how I am choosing to look at it. Nathan loves his mommy. He was being a problem solver and taking care of me while daddy was at a meeting. Who am I to tell him he can't have his picture on the blog.
Remember, you were warned.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Nathan the brave human pooper scooper. So I am wondering how the poop got on the ground in the first place if Lauren diaper was still on?

basquegirl said...

Lauren had taken off her diaper earlier in the day and taken care of business in Riley's room. I think that was a subtle hint to Riley about sharing her toys more.

Laura said...

Nice one Lauren. Just marking her territory. By the way, when did Nathan get big. When I think of Nathan I think of a cute little wide eyed 2 year old coming to nursery. Now he is getting ready to go to kindergarten?!? Time flies.

Miss Heather said...

Tami told me about this one!!! I love how pleased he is with himself!!

Miss Heather said...

Tami told me about this one!!! I love how pleased he is with himself!!

Casey said...

Gross! I know you warned me. I love that you are so positive and see the good that your children try to do for you. I want to meet that boy, he seems sooo darling, I'll pass on the hand shake too,though.