Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Prophet and the Pirate Prayer


Last week I was able to meet friends in Provo for BYU Women's Conference. All I can say is, "Wow". The speakers were amazing, especially in the opening sessions. Sheri Dew, Julie B. Beck and President Monson all addressed us. Julie B. Beck told us to ask the spirit to teach us whatever we were supposed to learn from any one speaker or lesson. I really prayed that I could do that...listen for what, I, specifically was supposed to learn. I did learn lots of things and I took pages of notes. And I did receive a witness about President Monson and his calling. The strongest witness I received was concerning the sisters that lead the women of the church. The last time I felt that was when we camped out outside Temple Square to see President Hinckley sustained. We had the nose-bleed seats, but the place was on fire and you couldn't not feel it. For me at least, this was one of the highlights of the whole trip.
My awesome husband kept it all afloat back home and I know that added to the calm feeling I had while away. I didn't have to worry about lunches or clothes or whatever while I was gone. Thanks, Honey!!
I also should have more pictures...but I am waiting for them to be e-mailed to me....hint, hint Heather.
So, thank you: Cindy...well, she reads this and she flew to Idaho so we could drive down together. She gets her own shout out. Thanks, Tami, Stacy (you promise?), Monique, Heather, Lisa and Gina for making it a wonderful treat to be together. And thanks to Denise who didn't even make me feel bad for pulling off her cabinet facing. What can I say? Pregnancy has given me super human strength!!
If you can ever go, I highly recommend making the effort to gather with the women of the church to be taught and edified. We laughed, we cried, we did service projects, we sang, and we ate too much.
Oops...almost forgot the title of this post. I was kneeling in prayer last night, by myself. Nathan came in and whispered, "I'm going to do my pirate (private) prayer, too." Did I mention how much I love that little boy?

No comments: