Monday, March 31, 2008






Here are some pictures from our Disneyland trip. I am not smart enough to put these up in the right order. Please bear with me. I will try to give you the scoop in the right order. At the top, that's Lauren waiting in line for the Monsters, Inc. ride. Everyone else was on Soarin' over California and we couldn't go on it. We were about 45 minutes into the line when she announced she had a dirty diaper. But not in those words. Too bad. I considered leaving the line. No dice. I also considered changing her in front of everyone else in line. I opted to wait 7 more minutes for the ride and then I changed her after. Sorry folks. The next picture is the big kids in "A" of California. We better name the new baby a name that starts with one of those letters because it is a tradition now. So...Penelope is out. Then the kids met Peter Pan. They also got his autograph. The parks were crowded and I was glad we never saw any other characters. Their autograph books are nearly full! The next picture is Riley and Nate on the teacups with Daddy. Mommy took them last time and I fully regretted it. While they tortured themselves (look for the video on Craig's blog), I took the tiny one on the Storybook ride. The first thing they do is take you into Monstro's mouth. Lauren shouted, "No, no, no!" as we went in and when we came out, "Yay, we did it!" She liked the ride. I liked sitting down. And the last picture is actually our first ride. Nathan asked specifically to go on "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" with mom. And then he proceeded to close his eyes and bury his face in my arm. "Was the judge scary?" he asked when we finished. He didn't see a bit of it! That's my Nate! Actually, we don't have a picture of one of the sweetest things that happened all day. When we first got to the park, I took Nathan to City Hall to get a birthday button. All day people would say, "Happy Birthday!" and he even got to call Goofy on the phone. So, as we were leaving Disneyland for DCA, we walked down Main St. and they were setting up for a parade. All the people were seated on the curbs and we walked down the street, almost like we were the parade. I look over and Nathan is holding his button away from his chest like it was bothering him. I asked him what was wrong and did he want to take it off. "No, Mom...I'm showing my button so everyone knows its my birthday!" I love how much seeing my kids happy makes me happy. It was a great day. And did I mention we had free passes!!??

No comments: