Tender Mercies....
Today, Riley wanted to ride her bike to school. I usually follow her there and then I follow her home in the afternoon. Well, today I had a doctor appointment and I was very certain I would not make it back in time to follow her home. She is a good rider, so I put her key in her backpack and told her I would see her at home. I told her to stay with the other kids and be careful.
At the doctor's....he was running really late. I told Craig I felt certain Riley would not be able to unlock the bike lock herself and by the time the crossing guard came to help, she would be left riding her bike home by herself...since all the other kids would be gone. So, the bell rings and Craig calls me and tells me the baby is asleep and he doesn't want to wake her and he doesn't want to leave her...I tell him I am on my way...and to call me if Riley makes it home before me. As I turned the corner to the school, I could see Riley all by herself standing by her locked bike. I pulled up and she was waiting for me to unlock her bike. I told her the key was in her backpack. Oh! So, she unlocked it and she rode home with me following in the car. Hooray!! Crisis averted!
Even though I know Heavenly Father knows me and my every need, I am never not surprised how much He manifests that knowledge and love in my everyday life. I love that He knew my fears and concern and alerted me to the fact that they were, indeed, coming to pass at the school. I am grateful that I was in and out of the doctor's office so quickly, even with my doctor running an hour behind!! We pray every morning as a family for safety...and I am certain He answered that prayer for me today.
And Happy Easter!!!
La Salvation
5 years ago




4 comments:
What a tender story. Plus, I love that you are such a good mom to let her ride her bike and that you follow her to keep her safe. That's why Heavenly Father blesses you, because of your diligence. What a great example.
So sweet. What blessed kids. Seriously.
How are things coming along pregnancy -wise? When again is your due date?
Don't be fooled. The kids get all the diligence while that poor, sickly, defenseless husband of hers is left to fend for himself.
Except on Chicken Ole night.
It's on Cosmo! Prepare for the Sweet and Sour meatballs!!
Post a Comment