Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Major Dad and Colonel Mom

I am very certain that Craig and I say "no" to the kids the exact same number of times. Well, Nathan has decided that somehow I outrank his father. Today, he asked me about 700 times if they could get out the play-doh. I told him yes, but he needed to wait until Lauren was up so she could play, too. She missed all the fun on Monday as the play-doh was being put away when she got up from her nap.
So, the kids come in from playing outside and all 4 of them are gathering around the kitchen table as I am bringing in the play-doh and accessories from the garage. Craig comes out of his office and the first thing Nathan announces to his father is, "Mom said we could play with play-doh!!!"
As if, somehow, Craig is going to shut down the fun factory and Nate needs Craig to know this particular activity cannot be stopped because MOM said. Does Nathan believe Craig is just waiting in the wings to stop all fun and tomfoolery?
Craig told me later that Nathan has decided he is Major Dad and I am Colonel Mom. If that is the case, I think I am due for a pay raise!!!

1 comment:

maren bosley said...

Carrie--I love your stories! I can just hear you telling it to me!

By the way, I tagged you...go to my blog for details!