Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tonight as we were sitting around the dinner table enjoying a delicious meal of chicken noodle soup and cheesy potatoes, Nathan asks the family, "What's the brown stuff with beans?" I tell him I don't know what he means. Riley says, "You mean baked beans?" "No!" Since there is nothing on the table matching his description, I think he is talking about the garden. Nope. Nathan begins to explain. "You know, the brown stuff with beans like when your tummy hurts and you put your face in the toilet!" Seriously. I look at him and ask, "Do you mean throw up, like vomit?" "Yeah!" And that was the end of dinner for mom. It was also the end of that conversation as he apparently just needed to know the name of something. That is pretty much the way it is with Nathan. All the time. Everyday. We love him!

No comments: