This is Lauren's sweet little hand print. If you've ever tried to make your child's hand print, you know it is time consuming and a money pit. Well, it was for us at least. We tried to get Lauren's hand print several times in clay and this was the best one we had. We baked it and it has been up on our piano with her picture since January. Today, I was dusting and I saw that, guess who?........had made a happy face using a pencil in the clay!!! I couldn't stop laughing. To me, this is funny for several reasons. First, the fact that our best effort got ruined...that is just par for the course. Second, the happy face? That is the universal symbol of naughtiness around here. Mom and Dad won't get mad if there is a happy face attached. Third, he put it right back where I had it. No need to try to hide the art work, right? Mom will like it, so I will leave it out. Remember the drawings under Jesus? He has a mind like a steel trap. I came into the office to show Craig, and before I did I said, "Don't get mad!" and he made the "Oh good grief!" face, and then said, "We are not doing it again!". Forever and ever Lauren can have a memento of her cute little hand and her clever big brother. I love my kids!!!
La Salvation
4 years ago




2 comments:
Love it!! We took Kirk's car to choir on Monday night, my mom and I sat in the back, Kirk and my dad in the front. I got in, sat down and on the back of Kirk's head rest I found a jolly stick figure complete with a smiley face etched in pen!! Let's see, I think Evan is over a year older than Nathan, and he is still tagging things the little stinker!!!
Sure glad I'm not raising little ones in this day and age.
Post a Comment