I like to go get a huge diet coke every morning. This started waaaay back when I taught in South Central L.A. I needed something to keep me awake since I had to leave so early in the morning because of traffic. Anywho...one day I was running late (okay, mostly every day) and I was in line for the drive through at McDonald's. The person in front of me was taking FOREVER. Okay, probably not, but when you are in a hurry, everything takes a million years. They drove to the pay window and then waited their turn for the get your food window. When they finally got to the second window they ordered SOMETHING else and then paid. In my head I was so mad. "Come On!! Who doesn't know the menu!!! You should have ordered all your food at the other window!! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!"*** They drove away and when I got to the window, the girl told me that the car ahead of me had paid for my drink. Are you kidding me?
So, all my irritation at them paying for something at the second window was because she was doing something nice for me, a stranger. Did she know I was already having a "day"? Was she just being nice? I had no idea why she did it, only that she did. I thought about it all day. And now, every once in a while, we do the same thing, we buy a drink for someone.
Craig was just at Sonic Happy Hour, getting that half-price drink and my friends in line ahead of him bought our drinks. Cool, huh?
Do it! Buy someone a soda. Make their day and yours, too.
***Disclaimer...I am much more patient now. Really. I promise.
La Salvation
5 years ago




1 comment:
That is a really funny story. You didn't shake a "fist of fury" at her while you were waiting, right? Next time I drive through somewhere I am totally doing it.
Post a Comment