Monday, September 29, 2008

OOOPS!



We went on a family bike ride tonight up on the greenbelt. It took Craig about an hour to load the bikes and the buggy since it was our first attempt with Maren. We unloaded up at the park and took off. I had a feeling Nathan would fall on this ride...new bike...not a ton of experience. I can't explain what it's like to see your son fall on his bike and know I am at least 7 seconds from helping him. That is a long time. Time it and you will see. Anyway, I caught up to him as he was up and running towards me screaming. He had been trying to go around a man who was walking and he tagged him with his handle bars and he broke his fall with his face. Thank heavens for helmets. And leave it to Nate to announce that that man should not have been walking where Nathan was trying to ride his bike. So, we all pulled over and 7 band-aids later, there was no way Nathan was going to get back on that bike. We had gone about a half-mile and we had no choice but to turn around. Nathan told me I was just like a doctor as he and I walked our bikes back to the car. We've loaded him up with pizza, ice cream and Tylenol. And he's asleep now.
And lest you think I'm terrible for taking his picture, he specifically asked me if I was going to scrapbook this injury. He knows what's up. But that kid is going to have a shiner for sure.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, poor Nate. Hopefully he will get back up and try again soon. He is right, that man should not have been walking there, doesn't he know....the world revolves around the little boy trying to ride his bike :) Hope he feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

poor little man...

Brenda said...

Between you and Heather, I think I've swore off Family bike rides.