Thursday, September 18, 2008

For you Mommy!

Lauren cannot open the back door on her own. So, every time she's out in the back she has to knock on the glass to come back in. Sometimes she knocks on the door A LOT. And sometimes I am not very happy to keep going to the back door for informational updates, like, "A snakey woods get on my foot and I smack him!" or "Nathan's not being nice to me!" or "The fly is botherin' me!"
Well, yesterday she was banging on the glass and I was slow getting there. I know I did not have my happy mom face on. I could see her through the glass with these flowers in her sweet little hand. "I pick them for you mommy!" I am all done worrying about the flowers in the yard since she de-blossomed all my tulips in the spring. I hugged that little girl so hard.
Flowers are for picking and little girls are for loving.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so sweet...my cats never pick flowers for me :)

basquegirl said...

But I bet they leave sweet half-dead critters for you...kitty love!!

Amy Strong said...

LOVE it! I can totally relate to those moments. I need to remember to write them down...like you.

Brenda said...

My Carson picks all the flowers at the church for me. So sweet.